Here are a few articles, blog posts, videos, podcasts and other miscellaneous internet items that tickled our fancy recently:
- Warrior pose: Sierra Leone's soldiers heal trauma with yoga “Yoga is not about the past, but about living in the present moment,” Musa said. “You have to leave everything on the mat. Ebola, the war, all those things have passed, and through yoga we are learning to let them go.
- Llama therapy anyone? Yes please! At Pet Partners, 94 percent of the registered therapy animals are dogs, but there are 20 llamas and alpacas in the mix, said Elisabeth Van Every, a spokeswoman for the group.
- Have you heard about the #KFCProposal? A truly heartwarming local love story that started with teasing and hurtful comments and ended with celebs and corporates throwing them a dream wedding!
- Need to make a big decision? Try this 2-minute breathing exercise!
- How to survive encounters with dangerous animals Two words: look big. San Francisco-based journalist, Rachel Levin published a humorous illustrated guide to avoiding death and injury in the wilderness in 2018. This article compares some of her advice with what the experts say.
- It’s never going to be perfect, so just get it done If you often find yourself tinkering away at a project well beyond the agreed deadline, you should probably read this.